Get the Lytefire DIY Stove Package
- 1 Construction Plans with the detailed step-by-step instructions and individual parts fabrication drawings (77 pages, available in English and French)
- Tutorial Video: Installing the Mirrors (in English, with French subtitles)
- Tutorial Video: Building the Upward Reflector (in English, with French subtitles)
- Instructions on set up, use and safety are included in the package
- Your access to Lytefire Hub with a dedicated builders forum where you can post, learn and get tips in English and in French
Check out how Lytefire Stove works in Finland!
Your design is easy to understand and straight-forward to build. We achieved the advertised temperatures in the first try with none of the complications experienced by other students that used a different solar concentrator design.
Bilal Gondal, Engineering Undergraduate, Pakistan
We made popcorn as a snack this morning, (look how hot the cooker got at 9am). Then this afternoon the students used it to make a stir-fry using ingredients from the garden (collard greens, garlic, onions, eggplants, and herbs).
Shawn Connell, Staff at GrowNYC, USA
These tools are quick to build and effective for the job. As indicated by the Lytfire team it really did take us 2 hours to calibrate the mirrors but then our surprise was great once the water started boiling and the veggies and burgers started to sizzle in the pan!
Kurt Baumann, Building Teacher, Switzerland
I’m especially excited about this technology because it can be built locally, so it will not be limited by the harsh import duties imposed on us
Moutasem Hassan, builder and entrepreneur, Palestine
"Instead of buying charcoal, we use the sun", great to see such a simple solution with so many applications - including commercial food production - in so many places (many in Africa, but also the video features Switzerland and Finland).