General Terms & Conditions
Lytefire Construction Guides and Material, and Web Services
V1.3 - December 21st, 2022
Thank you very much for your interest in our work.
Solar Fire Concentration Ltd (SFCO) is a company based in Finland and registered with the Business ID: 2474214-8. Current company info and contact details can be found under https://lytefire.com/legal
SFCO has created and owns the Lytefire.com and GoSol.org websites that promote, among other things, sales of the Lytefire technology, educational material and projects involving the use of the Lytefire technology developed by SFCO.
The material and web-services offered by SFCO are meant for non-commercial purposes only.
- By "non-commercial purpose", we mean that the company does not transfer any intellectual property rights to you and the online material also does not permit you to produce the technologies contained in it for commercial purposes (e.g. for sale, rent, selling educational services, etc). If you are interested in a partnership agreement, a commercial use agreement, or a commercial license, please contact us as we are open to this.
- Also, do not post pictures of the Lytefire showing the rear of the Lytefire or revealing technical aspects of the technology or online material (construction guide, tutorials, etc.).
- Please read the entire document and save it, and especially if in the future you'd like to become a DIY trainer, licensee/producer, or if you'd like to organize activities with the Lytefire, in order to ensure the best cooperation with us.
2. Summary of General Terms & Conditions
This section is intended as a short summary of some important points in these General Terms & Conditions for you to check if our offering is right for you.
- DIY: The online material is here for You to build your own solar concentrator for personal, non-commercial use.
- Forum: By purchasing our online material and accepting the General Terms and Conditions, You are granted personal access to our Forum.
- Non-Commercial: The Company does not transfer any intellectual property rights to You and the online material also does not permit You to produce the technologies contained in it for commercial purposes (e.g. for sale, rent, selling educational services, etc). If You are interested in a partnership agreement or a commercial use agreement, we are open to it and You can contact us.
- Safety: While building and then using Your Lytefire 4, You will need to ensure You are properly insured and the company is not liable for damages caused by your action based on the online material.
- Copyright: The material provided cannot be shared with other people or institutions. It is copyright protected with © Solar Fire Concentration Ltd.
- IP Protection: Do not post pictures of the Lytefire showing the rear of the Lytefire or revealing technical aspects of the technology or online material (construction guide, tutorials, etc.)
- “SFCO”, “we”, “us”, “our”, and the “company”/”Company” in this document refers to Solar Fire Concentration Ltd (SFCO).
- “You”, “You”, and “Client” in this document refers to You, the paying customer and/or user of SFCO’s products, services and/or web services such as forums.
- SFCO and the client, are together herein referred to as “Parties” and each separately referred to as a “Party”.
4.1 By purchasing the online material, or by digitally accepting this Agreement (e.g. via an online form or by email), You (the “Client”) agree to the terms and conditions of this document “General Terms & Conditions” in a legally binding way.
5. Product and Service
5.1 SFCO is offering instructional content, such as a construction guide or how-to videos, also referred to as “online material” and "material", through its websites including Lytefire.com, GoSol.org and Solarfire.io. SFCO may further make available web-services, such as an online forum (see Section “Web Services / Forum” below).
5.2 Unless otherwise stated, purchased material will be made accessible to You within a reasonable time after the purchase where You can download it, or stream/view it online. Downloadable items are downloadable once, and streamable/viewable items are accessible online for a minimum duration of 3 months after the purchasing date. (“material availability duration”).
5.3 The material and offers as presented on the websites are subject to change. In case of changes, You will be notified.
5.4 Offers intending to make available material at the current date (currently available material) and indicating additional material to be delivered at a later date (future material) only commit SFCO to deliver the material “as-is” at the purchase date. SFCO however will strive to deliver such future material in a timely manner. Should You not be satisfied with the purchase at any time, You shall refer to the section “Refunds”.
5.5 SFCO may make special offers to existing customers willing to purchase additional services and products.
6.1 These General Terms & Conditions cover the main points. To the extent permitted by law any issue not directly covered by this document You agree should be interpreted in the same spirit as this document: limiting SFCO’s liability to the maximum extent possible in relation to any second- or third-party construction of the technology described in the material and related material.
7. Personal Use
7.1 The material provided is only permitted for personal use.
7.2 If You are an institution, organization or company, please contact us.
7.3 For the avoidance of doubt, the offer and deliverables related to the material are only available to individuals (not organizations) for personal use. Use of material contrary to these General Terms & Conditions constitute a violation thereof.
8. Non-Commercial Use
8.1 Only non-commercial, personal use of the material, designs and technologies described in the material is permitted.
8.2 You are permitted to construct in a do-it-yourself manner the designs described in the material.
8.3 You are however not permitted to sell, rent or gift anything built based on the material, or the material, or show the material, or give access to the material itself, to third parties.
8.4 If after your construction You would like to become a trainer for DIY building of Lytefire 4 or if You would like to organize activities with the Lytefire 4 in order to ensure the best cooperation with us, here are the options about which You can contact us:
- Partnership for Educational Trainings
- Partnership for Auto-Construction/DIY Trainings
- Commercial Use Agreement
- License Agreement
8.4.1 For the above options, we can agree mutually with You on the specific partnership or commercial agreement that is suitable.
8.4.2 If you want to use your Lytefire to present to schools and/or at festivals, to inform people, You are under this Agreement permitted to do so! Just remember to prevent sensitive pictures to be taken and published (and see Section “Attribution & Safekeeping” below for the full terms regarding communication).
8.4.3 For the avoidance of doubt, You cannot (without a separate mutual agreement):
- Use Lytefire 4 to power a commercial activity without a Commercial Use Agreement with us
- Train people to build Lytefire without a Partnership for Auto-Construction/DIY Trainings
- Teach / demo without a Partnership for Educational Trainings
- Sell/rent/produce Lytefire without a License Agreement
8.4.4 Contact us if You are interested in commercial use of Lytefire technology or material.
8.5 The online material and information provided (including video content) is for personal use only. Do not share it with third parties. This construction guide and information provided is also not a license to sell our technology. Should You have any commercial interests or want to use Lytefire as an institution, please reach out to us. Publishing or sharing technical details related to this guide or the Lytefire is strictly forbidden. By building the technology contained in this guide You agree to protect Solar Fire’s intellectual property,
9.1 Under no conditions is SFCO liable for any activity, commercial or otherwise, undertaken with the material or based on the material.
9.2 SFCO is not liable for any accidents, activities, losses, damages or other liabilities caused to or by You, to the extent permitted by law.
9.3 Should SFCO be held liable, the liability cannot exceed the purchase price paid by You.
9.4. For the avoidance of doubt, Solar Fire Concentration Ltd. (Lytefire.com, GoSol.org, SolarFire.io) cannot be held responsible for any accident, liability or claim that may occur during or arise out of your construction and/or use of Lytefire technology and/or related to the instructional content provided, and/or in relation to the Web-Services as defined in this Agreement.
10. Safety Disclaimer
10.1 We are not responsible for your safety during the building nor during your usage of the technologies outlined in the online material.
10.2 You must have personal insurance for yourself during the construction.
10.3 We promote safe construction and use of our technology, but we cannot be held responsible for independent third-party constructions.
10.4 With the material we provide safety explanations and reminders; this safety material which is included is not exhaustive nor a replacement for common sense, local rules or regulations governing the use of the related materials and tools.
10.5 Lytefire fabrication is an advanced metal fabrication project. Lytefire technology is developed to be simple and easy to build, but it still requires the use of potentially dangerous tools. Before using this online material to fabricate the Lytefire, make sure You have the necessary skills and tools, and that You always use proper safety equipment.
11.1 If You are not satisfied with the product and/or services delivered through the purchase, You can apply to SFCO for a refund of the amount paid by You.
11.2 Refund requests shall be made through official and direct means of communication, and granted on a case by case basis, at SFCO’s sole discretion.
12.1 The material is covered by copyright and all rights including copyrights held by SFCO. Purchasing the material does not transfer any rights to the material, designs or the technology described in the material to You.
12.2 You (the Client) agree not to post the material on the internet or otherwise transmit the guide to any third party.
12.3 You must take actions to remedy a breach of these General Terms & Conditions.
12.4 Penalties and damages may apply.
13. Attribution & Safekeeping
13.1 When sharing on social media, in public, or with journalists about the technology or material, the “Lytefire” technology needs to always be provided.
13.2 You agree to not create instructional content based on the materials or the technologies referenced in it, nor to publish pictures or videos showing in detail and with explanation the rear of Lytefire solar concentrators (e.g. showing backsides of mirrors) or other technical details of the technologies.
13.3 For the protection of Solar Fire’s intellectual property, the company may ask You to remove/unpublish publications, pictures, videos or other content showing sensitive parts of the company’s intellectual property. You are to comply if the Company is asking You to remove such content.
14. Patents & Licencing
14.1 You agree not to file any patents that are a direct derivative of our designs described in the material and related material.
14.2 Contact us if You are interested in collaborating in design development or licensing our technology.
14.3 You are limited to fabricating up to 4 solar concentrator units for personal use based on the material purchased.
14.4 You agree that all intellectual property developed by SFCO, intellectual property in relation to SFCO’s intellectual property, new intellectual property developed by any party based on or in relation to SFCO intellectual property, and confidential information provided by SFCO, is the sole property of SFCO (together referred to as “IP”).
14.5 Nothing in this Agreement transfers any IP, nor rights to IP, from SFCO to the other party (You), and the other party (You) is prohibited from claiming any rights to IP (such as through patents).
14.6 For the avoidance of doubt, the other party (You) is prohibited from any commercial or other exploitation of IP, unless mutually agreed in the future through a licensing or other agreement.
14.7 Breach of this clause (“IP Protection”) results in liquidated damages paid by the other party (You) to SFCO of €10 000. If SFCO can demonstrate that the damage caused by the breach exceeds the above-mentioned amount, the faulty Party shall instead pay that higher amount. The liability to pay liquidated damages is strict and independent of negligence.
14.8 This clause “Patents & Licencing” shall survive termination of this Agreement.
15. Web Services / Forum
15.1 SFCO may further make available web-services, such as online forums (herein referred to as “Web Services” and “Forum”). Special terms apply for the use of Web Services:
- Moderation: Any material You submit to the Forum can be removed by us at our discretion. Offensive language will not be tolerated. Off-topic material will be moved to a new space in the forum where it is on-topic, or removed entirely if no space makes sense.
- Liability: Web Services are provided at no warranty, and SFCO expressly denies to the extent possible by law any liability in regard to the functioning of the Web Services. You are responsible to backup your data and SFCO does not guarantee continuity of its Web Services. In other words, SFCO may discontinue Web Services at its sole discretion.
- Security: You are responsible for keeping your password / access credentials safe. If You notice a breach please inform SFCO. SFCO reserves the right to suspend user accounts that show suspicious behavior.
- In case You are given access to Web Services / Forum as an individual or other entity, You are bound by the same terms.
16.1 We may change or update at any time these General Terms & Conditions. You will be notified of changes to these Terms of Service.
17. Assignment and Other Dealings
17.1 These General Terms & Conditions are personal to the parties involved. No party may assign, transfer or subcontract any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other parties.
18.1 A failure or delay by a Party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this Agreement or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
19.1 If any provision of this Agreement, or part of and provision, is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or partial provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected.
20. Other Agreements
20.1 In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the terms and provisions of this Agreement and the terms and provisions of any other fully executed (signed) agreement between the Parties, the conditions set forth in such other agreements shall prevail.
21.1 This Agreement shall be valid in perpetuity, unless the Agreement is mutually canceled between the parties.
22. Applicable Law
22.1 The law applicable to and governing these General Terms & Conditions are the laws of the country of Finland, the country where SFCO is registered as a company. This Agreement and any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation, including non-contractual disputes or claims, shall be finally settled and administered by the Finnish Arbitration Institute. The seat of arbitration shall be in Helsinki and the language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be in English. The arbitrators will consider Finnish law and will rule ex aequo et bono.