A big big thank you to all those who have supported this campaign in one way or another.
This raised budget will allow to build the 2 Lytefire solar ovens in Kenya and refresh one existing one, to give one to Joan who lives nearby, to send one to Hashimu who is in Tanzania and another one to Allen in Uganda, in addition to some utensils and ingredients.
It’s a huge step for us because until now, in Africa, we we’ve only worked with NGOs and not directly with the entrepreneurs creating their slow tech companies and local bakeries, and it’s really great to finally be able to do this!
Joan, Hashimu, Allen, we know them well, we work with them for training and they understand 200% the Solar Fire vision with decentralized energy and which is so successfully illustrated in France with Neoloco. So, there you go, with this support, they will do the same, make themselves visible, inspire people.
And meanwhile, these Lytefire ovens are spreading in different sizes and for different needs in different contexts...
– in France with entrepreneurs who have a more industrial version made in France to make bread or snacks,
– with associations that go to schools or festivals to talk about solar bakery (cookies and pizza too),
– with trainers in the self-construction of the small model,
– with self-constructions of the oven that we guide remotely for small and medium-sized associations in the South,
– with more and more local licensees manufacturers who will be able to market on their side,
– with schools in Africa whose canteens are being equipped,
– and with NGOs too of course.
And all these people, at the end of this month, will be able to discuss together on a forum that we have been dreaming about for a long time.
Like everything, it has been hard work, years and years of persistence, miles of life lessons, but it’s such a great journey!!