- Uses only direct concentrated sun ray, no fuel costs
- Produces 3500 Watts of thermal energy
- Reaches up to 350°C / 662°F (the oven is hot at 240°C after 45min-1 hour)
- Even heat distribution for high quality baking
- Immune to blackouts and brownouts
- No fuel costs (requires sunlight, but that’s free)
- No automated tracking: you need to slightly turn the Lytefire 5 every 10 mins to follow the sun
- Contains 5 square meters of mirrors
- Requires a sunny flat space of at least 7 meters of diameter in which to operate with no shade
- Easy to clean: only water and soap to clean the mirrors. Clean the oven as normal.
- If properly built and painted, the Lytefire 5 will last about 16 years
- The materials are regular steel, bolts, and mirrors, and they can be found almost everywhere. The price can vary from one retailer to the other so take your time to compare.
- With good conditions, it takes up to 10 days to build your Lytefire 5 and it’s oven.
- As for any stove or fire, you do not leave the device unattended.
- When you are done building, we recommend you perform the burning stick test to your family so everybody can actually see the actual power of your solar concentrator
- Wearing sunglasses while baking is recommended
- After usage, always turn down all mirrors to completely turn off the concentration.
More questions? Check our FAQ.
Solar baked buns in Uganda