- Uses only direct concentrated sun ray, no fuel costs
- Produces 2000 Watts of thermal energy
- Reaches up to 350°C / 662°F
- No automated tracking: you need to slightly turn the Lytefire 4 every 10 mins to follow the sun
- Width: 2m, length: 3m, height: 2m
- Contains 4 square meters of mirror
- Requires a sunny flat space of at least 4.5 m of diameter in which to operate with no shade
- Easy to clean: only water and soap to clean the mirrors
- If properly built and painted, the Lytefire 4 will last about 16 years
- The materials are plain steel, bolts, mirrors and can be found almost everywhere. The price can vary from one retailer to the other so take your time to compare.
- With optimal conditions, it takes 3 days to build your Lytefire 4. Otherwise, count 1-2 weeks.
- As for any stove or fire, you do not leave the device unattended.
- When you are done building, we recommend you perform the burning stick test to your family so everybody can actually see the actual power of your solar concentrator
- Wearing sunglasses while cooking is recommended
- After usage, always turn down all mirrors to completely turn off the concentration.
- Disclaimer: Lytefire is powerful. The use of our construction plans and the solar cooking is at your own risk. Please follow carefully the safety instructions that are listed on our Terms. Thank you.
More questions? Check our FAQ.
Lytefire in a sunny Swiss garden